1. I Make it My Goal to Know What is Important to People Who Matter to Me
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the “Peanuts” comic strip. You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you’ll get the point.
- Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
- Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
- Name the last half-dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
- Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. So make it your goal to know what is important to those people
2. It’s Never Too Late For You or For Me
1) Helen Keller At the age of 19 months Helen became deaf & blind. But that didn’t stop her. She was the first deaf blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree
2) Mozart was already competent on keyboard & violin, he composed from the age of 5
3) Shirley Temple was 6 when she became a movie star on “Bright Eyes”
4) Anne Frank was 12 when she wrote the diary of Anne Frank
5) Magnus Carlsen became a chess Grandmaster at the age of 13 years
6) Nadia Comaneci At age 14, gymnast of Romania scored seven perfect 10.0 and won three gold medals at the Olympics
7) Tenzin Gyatso was formally recognized as the 14th Dalai Lama November 1950, at the age of 15
8) Pele soccer superstar was 17 years old when he won the world cup in 1958 with Brazil
9) Elvis was a Superstar by age 19
10) John Lennon was 20 years & Paul Mcartney 18 when the Beatles had their first concert in1961
11) Jesse Owens was 22 when he won 4 gold medals in Berlin 1936
12) Beethoven was a Piano virtuoso by age 23
13) Issac Newton at 24 wrote philosophic Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
14) Roger Bannister was 25 When he broke the 4 minute mile record
15) Albert Einstein was 26 when he wrote the theory of relativity
16) Lance E Armstrong was 27 when he won the tour de France
17) Michelangelo created the two of the greatest sculptures “David” and “Pieta” by age 28
18) Alexander the Great by age 29, had created one of the largest empires of the ancient world
19) J.K.Rowling was 30 years old when she finished the first manuscript for Harry Potter
20) Amelia Earhart was 31 years old when she became the first woman 2 fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
21) Oprah was 32 when she started her talk show, which has become the highest-rated program of its kind
22) Edmund Hillary was 33 when he became the first man to reach Mount Everest (highest Mountain in the world
24) Marie Curie was 35 years old when she got nominated 4 Nobel Prize in Physics 1903
25) The Wright brothers, Orville (was 32 ) & Wilbur (was 36) when they invented & built the world’s first successful airplane & making the first controlled, powered & sustained heavier-than-air human flight
26) Vincent Van Gogh was 37 when he died & virtually unknown yet his paintings today are worth millions
27) Neil Armstrong was 38 when he became the first man to set foot on the moon
28) Mark Twain was 40 when he wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and 49 years old for Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
29) Christopher Columbus was 41 when he discovered the Americas
30) Rosa Parks was 42 when she refused 2 obey bus driver’s order 2 give up her seat 2 make room for a white passenger.
31) John F. Kennedy was 43 years when he became President of the United States
32) Henry Ford Was 45 when the Ford T came out
33) Suzanne Collins was 46 when she wrote “ The Hunger Games”
34) Charles Darwin was 50 years old when his book On the Origin of Species came out
35) Leonardo Da Vinci was 51 years old when he painted the Mona Lisa
36) Abraham Lincoln was 52 when he became president
37) Ray Kroc Was 53 when he bought the McDonalds Franchise and took it to unprecedented levels
38) Dr. Seuss was 54 when he wrote “the cat in the hat”
40) Colonel Harland Sanders was 61 when he started the KFC Franchise
41) J R R Tolkien was 62 when the lord of the ring books came out
42) Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became President of the United States
43) Jack Lalane at age 70 handcuffed, shackled, towed 70 rowboats
44) Nelson Mandela was 76 When he Became President”
It’s not too late for you or either of us, you can choose to starts now!
3. You’re One Choice Away From Your Success
His name is Sylvestar Stallone. One of the BIGGEST and Most famous American Movie superstars. Back in the day,Stallone was a struggling actor in every definition.
At some point,he got so broke that he stole his wife’s jewellery and sold it.
Things got so bad that he even ended up homeless.
Yes,he slept at the New York bus station for 3 days. Unable to pay rent or afford food.
His lowest point came when he tried to sell his dog at the liquor store to any stranger.
He didn’t have money to feed the dog any more. He sold it at $25 only. He says he walked away crying.
Two weeks later,he saw a boxing match between Mohammed Ali and Chuck Wepner and that match gave him the inspiration to write the script for the famous movie,Rocky.
He wrote the script for 20 hours!
He tried to sell it and got an offer for $125,000 for the script. But he had just one request. He wanted to star in the movie. He wanted to be the main actor Rocky himself. But the studio said NO.
They wanted a real star.
They said he “Looked funny and talked funny”. He left with his script. A few weeks later,the studio offered him $250,000 for the script. He refused. They even offered $350,000. He still refused. They wanted his movie. But not him. He said no He had to be in that movie.
After a while,the studio agreed, gave him $35,000 for the script and let him star in it! The rest is history! The movie won Best Picture, Best Directing and Best Film Editing at the prestigious
He was even nominated for best actor. The Movie Rocky was even inducted into the American National Film Registry as one of the greatest movies ever!
He had to bought the dog back though for $15, 000 which he sold for $25.
The truth is you are one choice away from you dream, one choice away for you to be up to the top.
For even when the going get tough the tough get going.
4. We Are Moving Forward, Because God’s Grace Has Never Left Our Side
Out of the many facts of life: Life is progress and in spite of leaving the way we want but everyone has a destination to which he or she is heading. Mind me here
Progress means getting closer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any closer.
If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.
God make us, he the one who shake us, he also the one who establish us.
Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised.
But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to?
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of – throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards.
You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.
- C.S. Lewis,
So in spite of everything else you do and undertake about life, just know for whatever God does he has your best interest at heart and for whatever life bring in front don’t worry because you have God by your side.
As again I say, We are moving forward, it’s because God’s grace has never left our side, so even if I might not know who you are but I know this God want to be good to you today.
5. You’re Created in God’s Like Image
- Your brain operates on the same amount of power as a 10 watt light bulb
- Every 7 years your body completely replaces itself 25,000,000 of your cells died while you read this sentence. It’s okay though, your body made more than 300 billion new ones today.
- There are more cells in your body than stars in the galaxy Your entire body is made up of around 75 trillion cells
- You’re good-looking, you bet you are, you are made in God’s own image. So wherever you go carry yourself as God kid, Like look here, “Good looking! Yes that’s about right”.
- Have you checked yourself on the mirror lately, can’t you just resist to tell that good-looking person, “Hallow there good-looking! “
Hey! if this article blessed you’re heart please share it with your friends, if they choose to ignore it’s ok, but at least you have tried. Thanks