You need to face up to ways you might be harming yourself and figure out how to make things better.
- To pit yourself against other people in an endless comparison game.
- To flog yourself into the relentless pursuit of high self-esteem. The elusive holy grail. Trying to find a permanent box. Labeled good to stuff yourself in.
- To be cruel to yourself in this process.
Does it help?
Don’t you want to be kind and supportive while engaging in the difficult work of change?
To recognize that life is hard, that challenges are part of the human experience.
- Sometimes you display good qualities and sometimes bad.
- Sometimes you act in helpful, productive ways.
- Sometimes in harmful, maladaptive ways.
By the way, I teach a course designed to help you learn how to stop letting fear, pain, and confusion. Keep you from a life of joy, freedom, and peace click this link to learn more.