Last updated: Friday, July 12, 2019
The website address is https://joelmwakasege.com this is a property of Agoga Limited.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, I will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on any website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me.
You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you.
This does not include any data I’m obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
I collect information about you during the checkout process in my store.
What I collect and store
While you visit my site, I’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for my store
- Comply with any legal obligations I have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve my store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, I will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
I generally store information about you for as long as I need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it, and I’m not legally required to continue to keep it.
This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
I will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on my team has access
The administrator has access to the information you provide. For example access to Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
The team has access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
I collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information I collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information I collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for my newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve my website in order to better serve you.
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do I protect visitor information?
- The site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- I implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on my servers.
Do I use ‘cookies’?
You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings.
Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of my services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless I provide you with advance notice.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices I will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- I will notify the users via site notification within 7 business days.
- I also agree with the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
- This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- I may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to my clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and I will promptly remove you from all correspondence.